Range At Lake Sonoma Rules
To ensure that our archery range remains safe, please be aware of these safety rules:
- Range is open to the public. Hours are approximately 7am – 7pm.
- Be courteous while using the facilities. Cease shooting when horses and riders are present.
- Safety Flag: Raise the flag while using range and lower when done.
- Archers should always be aware of the danger associated with their bow.
- Stay on the marked path and travel only in the direction in which the targets are laid out while shooting is in progress. Going backwards on the trail or across an unmarked area could place you in the path of a flying arrow, resulting in serious injury.
- Before shooting – check to see no one is in target area. Calling clear is helpful.
- Shoot only at approved targets, attached to a backstop.
- Shoot only from authorized shooting stakes.
- If you are looking for a lost arrow behind a target, always leave your bow leaning against the target face so that it will be seen by other archers coming up. If possible, have one archer from your group stand in front of the target to prevent anyone from shooting.
- Broadheads are NOT to be shot into targets. A designated broadhead area is to be used for that purpose.
- Crossbows, axes, hatchets or similar items are NOT to be used at targets.
- All dogs must be on leash.
- No littering on range or parking lot – use provided trash receptacles.
- Range will be closed during designated work party hours.
- Any violations should be reported to SCB President and/or Lake Sonoma Rangers.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES WHEN USING THE RANGE. VIOLATIONS WILL BE ENFORCED AND YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.